This morning…the NCAA and its infractions committee dealt Penn State a crippling punishment for the JerBear Sandusky scandal and cover-up by Joe Paterno and the PSU Administration.
The sanctions include:
1. $60 Million Fine (equivalent of 1 year of football revenue)
2. No Bowls/Postseason for 4 Years
3. Dropping from 25 to 15 allowable scholarships for 4 years for football
4. Vacated Wins from 1998 to Present
5. Players can transfer without sitting a year
This essentially says “goodnight now” to Nittany Lion football for a decade and maybe longer. Wonder how Bill O’Brien feels about his decision to return to Happy Valley?